PUR Reactive Hot Melt Adhesive
What is PUR Reactive Hot Melt Adhesive ?
PUR Reactive Hot Melt Adhesive (Polyurethane) is a reactive moisture curing adhesive known for – Strong Bonds and Exceptional Heat, Cold and Moisture-Resistance; this makes them an excellent choice for most difficult to bond, low energy substrates and they perform very well in extreme weather environments.
Our PUR Reactive Hot Melt Adhesives can be Custom Formulated to have a Very High Initial Tack and Green Strength.
After PUR Hot Melt adhesive has been applied to a substrate it will start to cross-link and form a final bond. Depending on air humidity % and substrate moisture conditions; PUR Hot Melt develops 50-80 % of its final bond strength within 3 – 6 hours. The full reactive cure time is normally 24 to 36 hours after application.
PUR Hot has a Wide Temperature performance range – From: -40°F to + 300°F.
Cattie Adhesives manufactures a full line of PUR Reactive Hot Melt Adhesives for Industrial applications. We have the knowledge and experience to help you design and scale-up your PUR hot melt adhesive production and help to improve your production speed, accuracy, efficiency and consistency.
Our PUR Hot Melt Adhesives are designed to form very strong permanent bonds to most materials including:
- Solid Woods, Veneer
- MDF/Particle Board
- Fiber Glass, Foams
- Plastics, Rubber
- PVC, Foils
Our PUR Hot Melt Adhesives can be Custom Formulated for Strong, Fast setting-Permanent bonding applications; or Slower setting applications. We have the ability to produce pigmented reactive hot melt adhesives, pre-polymers, and other custom products.
Our PUR Hot Melt Adhesives can be used with most Hot Melt Applicator Systems and are made to bond to most difficult substrates including – fiberglass, nylon, plastics, rubber, foam and coated papers.
PUR Hot Melt adhesives are applied molten like a conventional hot melt, but then cure by reaction with atmospheric moisture to form a cross-linked thermoset system.
PUR Hot Melts are fast drying and most bonded parts have the Green Strength to be handled after a few minutes.
Our PUR Reactive Hot Melt Adhesive Manufacturing Equipment access includes:
- Production Reactors: 4,800, 3,750(4), 1,500, 500(2) & 250Gal.
- Five Scale-Up Reactors: 500, 250, 25, 15, 5Gal.
- Reactors 316 Stainless Steel, Full Vacuum & Pressure Rated.
- In-line Filtration (10-800µ) and Jacketed Draw-Off Lines.
- Nitrogen & Argon Piped to All Reactors and Packaging Areas.
- Reactor Design Allows for Flawless Scale-Up.
- Complete Heating and Cooling Systems.
- NMP Process Cleaning System.
- Solvent Distillation/Recovery System.
- ISO Certified. We’re an ISO 9001-2008 Certified facility.
- Lab performs in-process and final testing of your reactive hot melt adhesives.
- Materials Management team for packaging and shipping.
- Comprehensive Quality Assurance program assures you consistently excellent product.
Manufacturing Processing Technologies:
- Reactive Hot Melt Adhesives.
- Urethane Prepolymers. (MDI, TDI and Aliphatics)
- Pigmented or Filled Polyurethanes and Polyols, up to 60%.
- TDI Prepolymers.
- Liquid Urethane Adhesives.
- Cast Urethanes.
- TPU’s (Thermoplastic Polyurethanes)
- 1 & 2 part Epoxies.
- Other Non-Hazardous Products.
PUR Hot Melt adhesives are widely used for the bonding of Large Panels, such as SIP Panels, Door manufacturing, Garage door Construction and the walls of Recreational vehicles.
PUR Hot Melt is commonly used for Laminating Foil to sheet metal for the production of Cans and Bottle Caps.
For bonding large areas; Spraying or Roll Coating are often the best application methods for PUR Hot Melt.
PUR Hot Melt does Not bond well to Untreated PolyEthylene (PE) or PolyPropylene (PP).
It is suggested that PE and PP are Corona treated, to improve the bond strength to these substrates.
Are you considering a PUR Hot Melt vs. Solvent based adhesives?
Polyurethane Hot Melt Adhesives (PUR) should be seriously considered when switching away from a Solvent-based adhesive system. PUR Hot Melt adhesives have many advantages over solvent-based adhesives.
The primary advantages of using PUR Hot Melt include:
- The reduced cost of the adhesives, on a /lb. basis.
- The removal of HAPs and VOCs; PUR is 100% solids.
- The very fast set up time with PUR.
- The elimination of a plant explosion risk; lower insurance costs.
- No more need for air pollution control devices.
- The removal of dryers in the production line.
Some considerations on PUR Hot Melt vs. Solvent-based adhesive:
- The initial expense of new equipment to apply the PUR Hot Melt.
- The higher temperatures required for application, up to 300F.
- The shorter shelf life of the PUR Hot Melt.
- The special handling and fast clean up requirements with PUR.
- PUR is more prone to crosslinking and has lower resistance to solvents.
Our PUR Hot Melts are available in many forms, to meet a wide range of PUR hot melt applicator systems.
- Foil Slugs
Our PUR hot melts are commonly used in the following Applications:
- Profile Wrapping
- Cabinet Assembly
- Difficult to Bond-PET,PE,BOPP,UV
- Foam & Mattress Fabricating
- Furniture & Cabinet Assembly
- R. V. and Panels
- Woodworking and Picture Frames
- General Product Assembly
- Heavy Veneer, PVC and Metals
Below are some of our most common PUR Hot Melts.
|CA-HM-N1101||PUR hot melt, Fast Initial Tack, Fast Setting, Strong Bonds to Most Substrates, Application Temperature 250F, 12,000cps at 250F.||Request >>|
|CA-HM-N1105||PUR hot melt, Very Fast Initial Tack, Fast Setting, Strong Bonds to Most Substrates, Application Temperature 250F, 11,400cps at 250F.||Request >>|
|CA-RP-02-133||PUR one-component Cold Liquid moisture-cured polyurethane adhesive; our version of “Gorilla Glue”. A general purpose adhesive for gluing materials such as carpet, wood, foam, metal and most plastics to each other. It is not recommended for vinyl (PVC), polypropylene, polyethylene and polyolefins. Provides a permanent, rigid final bond. Application Temperature 74F, 7,000cps at 74F.||Request >>|
|CA-Purge-1000||PUR hot melt -Cleaning Compound. Designed for purging polyurethane reactive hot melt adhesives from hot melt application equipment to prevent the cured hot melt from clogging machines and tips. Reduces downtime and increases productivity. Green color, Application Temperature 250F -350F, 7,000cps at 350F.||Request >>|
|CA-DR 11-067-1||PUR hot melt, Fast Initial Tack, Long Open Time 5 Min+, Strong Bonds to Most Substrates, Application Temperature 250F, 9,000cps at 250F.||Request >>|
Liquid PUR – Moisture-cured – Polyurethane adhesive.
Our version of Industrial Strength – “Gorilla Glue”.
Our Liquid PUR adhesives form permanent bonds by a chemical reaction with moisture from the substrate or environment. These “Cold” Liquid PUR adhesives are liquid at room temperature and Not Tacky when 1st applied; so bonded parts must be pressed together and held or clamped during the initial curing process.
Liquid PUR adhesives form structural bonds to most difficult to bond substrates, and are especially good for gluing materials such as carpet, wood, foam, metal and most plastics to each other. It is not recommended for vinyl (PVC), polypropylene, polyethylene and polyolefins.
Liquid PUR produces extremely durable, highly elastic bonds that perform well in both high and low temperature extremes.
We also supply 2-part Polyurethanes and Epoxies.
To speak with a technical representative about your application, and to request samples, please call us at 1-800-249-0337 or email us at email@example.com